Public Education Partners is a statewide coalition of parents, grassroots citizen groups, school board members, educators, and school administrators that advocate for high quality public education. Traditional public schools have been inundated with education policies dealing with:
- High-stakes testing
- Failing, unaccountable for-profit charter schools
- Drastic budget cuts
- Unfunded mandates
Students have never been under more developmentally inappropriate and highly stressful policies than what we see in public schools today
Because our school children have essentially become guinea pigs for poorly developed educational legislation, a grassroots movement has developed with people joining together to raise awareness and take action about what’s at stake in public education. Public Education Partners (PEP) is an organization that was put together to unite this growing number of public school advocacy groups. PEP is a nonprofit nonpartisan group that was formed
- To support publicly accountable Ohio schools for all students.
- To advocate for equitably funded public schools that offer a full and rich curriculum to all children.
- To promote the elimination of high-stakes tests for the evaluation of students, teachers, and schools.
- To connect various public education advocacy groups throughout the state.
- To provide this coalition with the tools needed to effectively advocate for public education.
We believe that public education is the cornerstone of our democracy and the heart of our communities.